map-marker South Jordan, Utah

Hacked account

Cricket did not help when i contacted them because my account got hacked. My number was under a different name, and I asked them to check my phone number history. They didn't do it, they did not froze the account, it took almost two weeks, and identity theft thanks to them. Do not use this company!
Christy H Kvx

Grinches Stole Christmas

Grinches That Stole Christmas!!!

Beware Scam Artists !!! I would never shop at this location ever again.

The employees here were polite at first until I confront them about their under handed sneaky tactics. I went in to purchase a phone I had the screen shot of which phone I wanted and showed Shamya in which she stated it was okay. As I was waiting for the set up on my new phone with the winter deal special Shamya and her fellow co worker took it upon them selves to started to pick up a variety of accessorizes and out then place them on the counter. I did not pick out not or touch not one accessories or was asked if needed that particular accessory.

As Shamya proceed to check me out she told me the final balance $232.00 I asked her why my balance was so high knowing that I just purchase the same deal 2 weeks ago for my daughter in which my daughter phone was higher than mine but her final cost was lower. Shamya and her fellow co worker stated it was taxes and the phone was $195and not the promotional deal which was $49.99 Never did they mention that they had to charge me for the accessories. Only stated it was including in the promotion .Shamya and her fellow co worker withheld the truth about the accessories was and failed to mention that this was a promotional bundle they was advertising. This is ran as an promotional bundle and with the customer paying for accessories the store employees pick out or what you should say force you to have.

They also lied about requirements of you have to have device protection on the phone for 3 months. I have called cricket customer service in which they did stated that this was a false statement. I also called law enforcement in so I could get the manager and store owner information because neither of these workers was willing to provide me a way to contact them. Law enforcement came and was confused as to why these store employees was vigilant been rude at customer service the only way I got the store owner information was by Cary Law enforcement in which they strong urge me to contact Cricket Corporation for this store tactics they would refund all of my money and kept jumping to different resins if why they cannot refund my money.

To me this store is the Grinch that stole Christmas please be aware of purchasing any item from this store I have provided Documentation for this post for to support every factual accusation stated in this review.The store owner, manager, and the owner seems to me are allI in on this sneaky loop hole tactic for their benefits and not the customer benefit beware it Christmas and the Grinch has finally reveal their selves. Nothing will go right for this store until they make it right with people they have wrong!

Sad!!! I will also be filling more grievances with BBB, federal trade commissions and consumer rights advocacy should no one choice be taken and thats law.

User's recommendation: Don’t Buy At This Store

Amiracle Kbt

| map-marker Burlington, Vermont

9 years with cricket, never lost service for non payment. Paid my bill they shut me off .

Cricket Wireless - 9 years with cricket, never lost service for non payment. Paid my bill they...
Cricket Wireless - 9 years with cricket, never lost service for non payment. Paid my bill... - Image 2
Shut me off after 9 years after PAYING my bill . Recently wrote the Governor, since then ,all Gmail blocked.. No gmail no work for me as a Independent contractor .At&T cricket and Google services retaliated against me. They shut all my services down and it was a respectable letter. The online harassment has been off the charts.. Wow..

User's recommendation: Dont write your Governor if you use google or Cricket.. They will retaliate by shutting off everything.. Wow.. I was shut off with payment..

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

False advertising

Cricket Wireless - False advertising
All devices paid off, unlocked... If using website BOD Samsung tab s9 fe 5g qualifies and welcomed. If you try to activate it under $15 simply tablet plan they say this tablet doesn't qualify and want to stick me with phone plan (unlimited talk,text and 5gb of data), or ask to switch to a different wireless provider. When calling 180******** first time waiting time is short but if they don't resolve the issue will hang up on you or pretend technical difficulties and disconnect, 2nd time you call hold time is long, supervisors straight up hang up if there is an issue they cannot resolve...

User's recommendation: Choose better service provider, before you switch providers check if tablets (samsung galaxy tab fe 5g) is going to qualify for simply tablet plan or any reasonably priced tablet plan before you switch phone(relatively easy)

Melinda C Dha

Verified Reviewer

I paid my cell phone bill last night around 8:00 p.m. at Walmart 5393 the address is 1050 Alamance Church in Greensboro NC

Cricket Wireless - I paid my cell phone bill last night around 8:00 p.m. at Walmart 5393 the...
Cricket Wireless - I paid my cell phone bill last night around 8:00 p.m. at Walmart 5393... - Image 2
Tracking number 342-727-**** I paid with my United healthcare card. PLEASE CUT MY PHONE ON NOW! My account number ending in -3201 I paid cricket $54 and I was charged $3 by cricket plus I paid $3 to Walmart to pay the bill. Bringing a total of $57 I pay all together!
Loss:

Preferred solution: A free paid month of service. I been a very true and Loyal customer. Y'all don't give me a free phone or nothing. It's sad. Cricket doesn't value their Loyalty to their Loyal customers!

User's recommendation: I been with this company since 2014 same number and all. Treat your People better. I paid way before the 11:59 cut off time. I paid my bill at 8pm.

Pascale Osq

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Not providing service as promised

I gave up my government phone and went with cricket so that I could have both phone and Internet. I keep loosing my ability to use the Internet. I get ACP assistance so I can have Internet. Cricket is telling the government that I have this and getting money from the government for services not provided. I am also filing a complaint against cricket for getting government money under false pretences

User's recommendation: Don't use cricket

Char E Mao

HORRIBLE!

Cricket Wireless - HORRIBLE!
Cricket Wireless - HORRIBLE! - Image 2
Cricket Wireless - HORRIBLE! - Image 3
Cricket Wireless - HORRIBLE! - Image 4
Updated by user Sep 02, 2023

I will never in my life use Cricket OR AT&T since they're affiliated with them. They have basically robbed me and I don't deal with thieves.

Original review Sep 01, 2023
My husband passed away in June. The local store was to disconnect his phone and make me primary.

They messed up the ACP and autopay and login, so within 2 weeks, they suspended my service in the middle of the night and don't open til 10 am. I couldn't log in to pay since the login no longer worked after my store visit so had to pay via phone with an additional service charge plus reconnect fee. After 20+ minutes holding every time you call, I got nowhere with their incompetence. Wouldn't refund anything even though I was on autopay until the store did something that knocked me off, and I shouldn't have had this happen.

I disputed the overage with my bank and then decided to eat the cost and tried to cancel the dispute so Crooket didn't shut me off again. But it was already done and 2 weeks later, again shut off middle of the night and had to pay a reconnect and service fee to pay by phone. I was going to switch carriers before the next billing on 9/22. Yet on 9/1, woke to find service suspended again!

Took 2 hours to get through chat then phone queue and supervisor. She swore my bank did another charge back 3 days ago yet my bank shows no such thing. So I had to pay the charge back plus reconnect fee a third time in under 2 months. So I go to Straight Talk.

My son's phone is locked and their unlock isn't working. Another call to customer service and they tell me try again on Sunday. Just bought it 6 months ago and paid in full! Crooks and thieves.

I wouldn't recommend Crooket to a dog. I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service at home anyway.

I'll use my husband's old phone for my son and have us on Straight Talk this evening. Buh bye Crooket.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Especially customer service

Preferred solution: Would love to see them go out of business but the money they've stolen will be returned by my bank and I'll never have to deal with them again.

User's recommendation: RUN!

Guest

I complained to federal government of communication as I have problems with no data. They show all towers are fine.

View more comments (2)
Liz S Peu

Connection issues for past 6 months

I have written into The office of the president of cricket as well as spoken to technical support, customer service, supervisors, managers and they say they can't give me credit. Calls drop, 1 or 2 bar signals, I'm in between 2 towers that have had enhancements being done and signal pushes me to another tower for overcrowding, msg No voice calls at this time etc. Told previous agents didn't notate my accts for credit. I requested an American agent and was told all call centers are overseas.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service overseas and spotty coverage

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Choose another wireless provider

Enda Zbc

| map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Lost my phone

I wanted to know if my phone was insured because it fell off the back of the truck I was in and didnt notice until I got home so I text yall and you were able to figure out how and what to do so we put a message to call if found and a Saint of a man called and retrieved my phone thank all especially the man who returned my phone thank you

User's recommendation: Use them they care

Traci D Dfp

To complain

Cricket Wireless - To complain
Cricket Wireless - To complain - Image 2
Original review Oct 03, 2023

Well yesterday and now for an hour my cricket phone isn't working. Saying there's no connection.

Unable to make calls, receive calls, nothing and my bill isn't due till 7th! I payed an extra $10 for Hotspot when I already pay for Hotspot with my plan. I noticed first time using Hotspot all weekend for my 3 phones a TV chrome cast and everything was great then I add $10 services isn't any better. My new cycle starts fir Sept and all month my service was terrible.

Unable to connect and for what I used more data one weekend then all month. You sold me a used phone number, I keep getting calls from men looking for xgf cause this was her # or I go to open a chime account and it says welcome back Donald using my number I bought. I am extremely upset with this company, you are deceiving people with a promise your service is good and its a lie. I won't be staying with cricket so 7th turn my phone off plz.

I'll be shout to all my experience.

Traci Driggers

816606**** is my cricket number I would upload the my cricket to show u my account but it says no network so there you have it. I'd be dead if I need help home alone.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • Service terrible
  • Noone ever answers at stored
  • You sell old numbers

Preferred solution: Service I payed for. I'm on disability and you have terrible service and you sell old phone numbers. This whole experience with you I'll never look your way again especially my phone isn't working I'm on a new Verizon ty and God bless

User's recommendation: Run run fast don't believe cricket has good service

Carla M Nbl

To file a complaint

Your store manager in Vincennes Indiana actually was yelling at my husband and I she's very rude and I have a problem with her shoving me out the door of the Vincennes Indiana store on Kimmel Rd I talked to a representative on the phone about the situation and nothing was done I as of now can't use my phone due to it being dropped in water I can't go into the store in Vincennes but it's ok for her to still have her job. I'm disabled on disability and I'm 57 years old and I have several health problems and one of them is I had my back fractured several years ago and she put her hands in the spot were it had been fractured if she would've hit that vertebrae just right it would have fractured again if nothing gets done with I'm thinking about contacting a lawyer no matter what she had no right to put her hands on me I have been very upset about this since it happened.

This isn't the first time that manager has raised her voice to me or wen I was in the store she has been very disrespectful to your customers thought cricket cared about customers I guess not since u keep her employed there.

Think about your customers before you think of an employee that is not suitable for your business. Like I said I'm going to contact a lawyer and see if I can't file a lawsuit against your Vincennes manager and cricket monday morning

Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: A free upgrade phone without having to pay the 25 dollars fee

Guest

Obviously you are going in the store with a nasty foul mouth trying to bully you way into something you aren’t entitled to. If you are not eligible for an upgrade, you pay more.

The $25 is also part of your responsibility. No need to bring personal issues into your little story.

Denise B Fmv

Verified Reviewer

Unlocked phone has a sim lock.

I'm trying to unlock the phone for my son nothing bad happened I just need to unlock the phone so my son can put his SIM card in it
Loss:

Preferred solution: Unlock phone to use a different Sim giving it to my son for a gift

Guest

Hello Denise!, We will be happy to assist you with your Cricket Wireless inquiry. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) or contact one of our customer CARE specialists at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-****).

Dollye Ipu

| map-marker Monroeville, Alabama

Phone will not dial out

I have 21 days of service left and I cant make a phone call or receive a phone call I have missed a very important call because of this issue
Jose M Wgd

No service

I had good service yesterday and today I wake up with no service. I called them, and they asked me is this customer service? And they hung up on me! Cricket service is the worst service. And their phone numbers are out of service!
Pros:
  • Cheap price
Cons:
  • Los of service

Preferred solution: Get up with the rest of the nations services' Quality: At&t, Verizon, Us Cellular

User's recommendation: Don't get it, don't recommend it

shannon c Qfh

Very unsatisfied

I bought my son a cricket phone. I bought a $30 refill card and cricket says I cant use it without paying a $45 service fee first. So now I have waisted $30. I will never use cricket again.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Availability to pick your plan
Cons:
  • Having to turn my service back on for forty five dollars

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: If u can't refill right aay don't bother!

Justin G Svc

SOS stuck on my phone can't use it

No one answer phones etc smh just need to be done better phone be messing up pay to much money for this

Preferred solution: Idk honestly

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article