1.3K views

My name is Donna Wright. On October 25, 2010 I contacted Cricket to inquire about DSL service in my area, and was assured by the sales person that Cricket DSL service was indeed offered in my area. So, I ordered the DSL unit which arrived the next day.

After hooking up the unit, calling Cricket to troubleshoot because it wouldn't work, I was told by their Technical Support team on 10/27/10 that I had been misinformed by the sales person, and that I have Cricket PHONE service, but NOT DSL service at my home. The unit had to be sent back. Phone numbers I dialed were 262-804-0197 and 608-622-3683.

I was instructed to call 800-274-2538 to get an "RA" (return authorization) number (16434195443051), unhook the unit, put it back in its original box, write the RA number on every side of the box, and then return it via any mail service (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) within 30 days. I was told that when the unit was received it would be inspected for damage, then a refund would be issued within 30 days of receipt.

Cricket instructed me to return the unit to Air West, Dock 14, 1251 Perry Road, Plainfield, IN 46168. I insured the package for $200.00 with the USPS (Insured Mail Receipt No. 1309 3480 0000 3030 7252). The receipt is stamped 11/3/10 (the date mailed from the USPS).

I called every couple days to Cricket and every time was told that the unit was not received. On 11/10/10, I spoke to "Shawn" and he gave me another number to call to check on the unit 866-384-4425. Since it was going to take a while for their paperwork on that end to catch up to the unit, I waited a couple days before I called again. Plus I had total knee replacement on 12/14/10 and could not continue to call these people. I thought surely they would receive the unit or it would be accounted for before I had another chance to call them again.

On about 12/26/10, I was told by a Cricket rep that the unit was never received and I had to go back to the mail service and file a claim. On 12/27/10, I went to the same post office in Westminster MD to file the claim and they researched the delivery of the unit, and found that it was delivered to Plainfield Indiana on 11/5/10 at 10:53 am (during the time Cricket was telling me it was never received up to 12/26/10, nearly two months).

I began again to call Cricket nearly on a daily basis. They finally acknowledged receipt of the unit and said that I was refunded all monies back to the original credit card on 12/3/10. I checked the card where the unit was charged from and there was no credit.

On 1/4/11 I talked to "Mitch," "Tim," and "Leli." Leli told me that was filing a claim with the "Escalation Department" and someone would return my call within 24 hours. There was no return call.

On 1/5/11 I talked to "Kim" and threatened legal action. She gave me the "Corporate Office" number and address of Cricket Patterson Village, 4129 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, MD 21215, 410-567-7808. She also told me that within 24 hours I would have an explanation as to why I have not received my refund.

On 1//11 talked to "Jen" and asked for a U.S. representative. She explained that there were none and that all of the reps were in the Philippines. She explained that she was reporting the issue to upper management and said that some will call me back with an explanation why I have not received my refund. $192.79 total, unit $149.99 and first month service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 08, 2011.

Comments

Here it is October 2018 and they are still stealing, misleading, and lying to their customers. I am fighting them for a refund for a simple $55 for an order I placed online. They have agreed to refund my money with compensation, however, in order to receive it I must first buy a GOOGLE PLAY CARD in the exact amount of the refund and I have been informed that they don't send checks our under $250, they can't load it back onto a prepaid debit card, and there is no other possible way to get it.

i just recently talked to them and they didnt want to fix their mistake! The first time they fixed it now they dont want to fix it?

i paid for my bill and they want 20 extra for something they did wrong are you serious?

I am not paying 20 for their mistake. This is bogus!

Torrance, California, United States #948827

Go to your state Public Service Commissioner. You have dealt with those clowns long enough.

They are hoping you will just give up and. Go away. It is time to escalate the issue. I had a similar issue with Sprint.

After months dealing with the company including management who refused to accept my calls, I called my PSC.

All issues were resolved within an afternoon.

Arlington, Texas, United States #948550

What can be done about this? It's been four months and counting since we were promised a rebate.

Nothing!

This is fraud! So, now what?!?

Since CROOKED I MEAN CRICKET WAS BOUGHT OUT RECENTLY BY WHOEVER IT WAS, IT'S BEEN A REAL HEADACHE. IF YOU BOUGHT A PHONE FROM CROOKED, I MEAN CRICKET, I ADVISE YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXIT PLAN.

BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T, YOU WILL GET SCREWED.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU STILL OWE MONEY ON THE PHONE. TRUST ME!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #797385

EXACT same story here! $411 in returned merchandise Cricket never gave me a refund for

*** CRICKET!! STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY REBATE...

to Anonymous #798951

Hello. Did u get your rebate?

My phone has been a piece of *** since i got it. it calls when it shouldn't, won't pick up, turns off for days, sends 50 texts of one that I sent.

It is more of a expensive paperweight then anything else to be honest. do not waste your time buying this piece of ***.

honestly. My phone was stolen yesterday after i paid last month and they won't answer my calls and are giving me the run around.

i purchased a cricket phone online, was told it was a smart phone, paid for the $55 month service, got the phone and its not a smart phone and doesn't use the $55 service and when i walk into a corporate store they are *** and act like it isnt a big deal, screwing me out of $119.00 and $55 for service.

I want to sue them. I am suing them in fact.

and im hacking their corporate offices on 9/11/12.

666DevTeam

I was told that cricket was nation wide and that I could travel any where after being out of my home town for 3 months traveling one day my service just stopped. I contacted them to be told I can't use over 51% of another cell tower.

I just paid my bill and can't use my phone and they refuse to refund me. I spoke to 8 different reps,3 supervisor all rude and 2 hung up on me.

I think I deserve my money back since I can't use my phone. This was the worst customer service I have ever received.

:cry Cricket owes me money too. I ported my number after five days of service and they refuse to refund me my money.

I was also hung up on by a supervisor and was told ten to fifteen days for a refund. It never came ...I believe a class action law suit may get all of us our money back I'm looking into retaining an attorney because I'm tired of companies like them taking advantage of people!

to Tamika St.Louis Mo Marlton, New Jersey, United States #654680

Hello,

My name is Wyeth and I am a research intern for Shabel&Denittis law firm (a class action law suit firm). I am currently doing research on Cricket Wireless and their inherent ability to over-charge and mistreat people. I am looking for a client to represent in a possible suit against Cricket. If anyone on this forum has been over charged by cricket, please, send me an email and we can discuss further action.

Best Regards,

Hello,

Best Regards,

Wyeth

Deep Dark

Isn't it funny that when ever there is a problem with a Cricket issue that they never admit that it was thier fault and refund people's money since thier employees always are misinformed about policies and business operations. No matter how much people file complaints against them they still manage to get away with same issues over and over again where they just outright rip people off.

In opinion the only way to stop so called businesses like that is to hit them where it hurts and stop buying thier products. Businesses like Cricket don't understand or care about what they do when they steal peoples money.

That money that you lost and that I lost recently could have went for medicine, gasoline or groceries. And people wonder why different groups are occuppying Wall Street and other businesses we are tired of businesses like Cricket riping us off.

Their porting department has been down for 6 days now. Have to pay another month to Verizon because you can't port if you phone isn't active with your previous cell phone provider

I am still waiting for a refund for service canceled the same day.3 months. Their customer service reps are rude, and supervisors are no better.

They seem to know they are getting away with ripping people off. They have no problem debiting your account immediately, but refunds need to be researched? They have no problem laughing at you when you tell them you'll take further action.

It's like go ahead and try. This company needs to be investigated!

#319981

I never got a refund from Cricket for overpayment. They owe me money since May 2010.

I filed three complaints to the BBB, Cricket said twice they would pay me, this never happened.

The 3rd complaint was closed by a BBB representative, who said they could do anything. I am filing a small claim now.

Thanks for sharing your story. I just purchased a cricket phone and haven't experienced anything "shady" yet.

But because of your comments, I will be watching them like a hawk! The first sign of any "shadiness" I will cancel, lick my wounds and move on!