2.8

I am a Cricket customer since last year together with 4 other users. We subscribed 5 lines data plan. My son is one of these users.

My son phone was broken and we needed to buy a new phone for him. I went to same Cricket shop yesterday to get help for this issue. This Cricket Shop is located in 11006 Superior Ave., Cleveland, OH, 44106 address. I asked the guy at the shop what was the cheapest phone he has. He told me that he has Samsung AMP 2 and it's prize is $75. I paid $81 together with tax. He installed a new sim without giving any information to me, and he finished the setup. Phone was working. Then I left the shop.

When I came back to home, my wife told me that we should by another phone not that one and she asked me to return phone. I said okay. We did not use phone. Today I went to same shop and I told the same person I want to return the phone. He told me that it's okay, however he can refund only $49.99 for phone. He told me that he could not refund $25. I asked why? He told me that it is upgrading fee. I asked why you did not tell me this fee yesterday? He told me that it was written on the receipt. How tricky is this? I did not check the receipt. He told me the phone prize is $75. Because the shopping place is not so secure for me, I did not return the phone and I came back to home. I called Cricket Customer Service and I explained them whole story. I spent a lot of time at the phone for the conversation with the customer service representative. At the end of the conversation she told me that they can not refund $25 upgrading fee. I asked her if i buy the phone out of cricket shop, and put my son sim card into that phone, will you charge the $25. Ad she told me that no. Then I asked her , why do you punish me because I bought the phone one of the Cricket Shop? She never gave me a logical answer.

In brief, I punished by one of the cheater seller. He did not mention me anything about $25 upgrading fee. He directly told me the phone prize is $75. I punished by Cricket company, even though they heard about my story, but still not understand me and not refund $25 which was charged from me unfairly.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of unfair fee and customer not informed about prizing very well. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of a product or service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Cricket Wireless needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cricket Wireless.

Comments

The $25 upgrade fee is required when purchasing a phone at any cricket wireless store, no matter if they insert the Sim that came in the box or if it was a customers Sim card which, by the way, is not allowed for a customer to insert their own Sim until they leave the store. If the customer would have visited the Cricket Wireless website, it clearly states the required upgrade fee. Next time, read up on it.

I've had the same issue.Now I have third-party people or scammers (idk tbh which) calling and texting me telling me to log on or change my payment method and enter my account info over the phone.

It happened the second I looked at the upgrade fee and now everyone and their mother is calling and texting me.

idgi can anyone help me??lmk 7708263234

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1234374

your right to be angry.I have replaced my phone 3 times in the last year and each time been charged an "upgrade fee".

I got the same sort of response. I was simply told that every company charges this fee.

I talked to a friend of mine about it and he said that it is pure profit for the company.I completely disagree with the fee as well.

to Anonymous #1394569

Buy a unlocked phones and take your sims card and put it in your phone