Cricket Wireless - Awful customer service, misleading auto-pay terms, conflicting payment due dates

I signed up with Cricket on February 3rd.The day after, I signed up for their Auto-pay feature, selecting the 3rd of every month as my payment due date.

I received a text March 1st saying that my card would be charged the next day. Confused as to why this would be, I logged into my account online and it stated I still had 2 days left to make my payment, payment due date was March 3rd. So I didn't worry about it. However, when I woke up today, I saw that my card was indeed charged a day early and now I have an overdraft fee.

I called customer service and explained the confusion. They told me they were not willing to do anything; that I was the source of the problem! I said, "Your website is telling me right now that I have ONE DAY LEFT to pay (caps are exact words from their site)" but you're saying that, "No, actually that's not true. We actually can take it out today".

I said that this information is obviously conflicting and if they can't present their due dates clearly to their customers, then any issue arising from a discrepancy is their responsibility to rectify. The representative then told me I was the one who was confused and that we had nothing further to discuss. I am beyond infuriated. Only had this service for one month and this is the type of policies they engage in.

Disgraceful.I should be refunded $35 for the overdraft fee that I incurred due to this issue.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Phone price
    • Plan price
  • What I disliked
    • Misleading policies
    • Pricing discrepancies
    • Manager insulted and blamed me
    • Poor customer service
    • Unclear payment due dates

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Credit account with $35.00, the amount of the bank overcharge I incurred due to conflicting payment terms on their website, texts and telephone customer service
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cricket Wireless Billing Department
Review category
review #801482 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cricket Wireless? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.