Cricket Wireless - Awful customer service, misleading auto-pay terms, conflicting payment due dates
I signed up with Cricket on February 3rd.The day after, I signed up for their Auto-pay feature, selecting the 3rd of every month as my payment due date.
I received a text March 1st saying that my card would be charged the next day. Confused as to why this would be, I logged into my account online and it stated I still had 2 days left to make my payment, payment due date was March 3rd. So I didn't worry about it. However, when I woke up today, I saw that my card was indeed charged a day early and now I have an overdraft fee.
I called customer service and explained the confusion. They told me they were not willing to do anything; that I was the source of the problem! I said, "Your website is telling me right now that I have ONE DAY LEFT to pay (caps are exact words from their site)" but you're saying that, "No, actually that's not true. We actually can take it out today".
I said that this information is obviously conflicting and if they can't present their due dates clearly to their customers, then any issue arising from a discrepancy is their responsibility to rectify. The representative then told me I was the one who was confused and that we had nothing further to discuss. I am beyond infuriated. Only had this service for one month and this is the type of policies they engage in.
Disgraceful.I should be refunded $35 for the overdraft fee that I incurred due to this issue.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Phone price
- Plan price
What I disliked
- Misleading policies
- Pricing discrepancies
- Manager insulted and blamed me
- Poor customer service
- Unclear payment due dates
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Credit account with $35.00, the amount of the bank overcharge I incurred due to conflicting payment terms on their website, texts and telephone customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cricket Wireless Billing Department
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."